This was a surprise cake prepared for my bro-in-law's wedding anniversary :) I was confused with many options but finally ended up in preparing the strawberry cake, as I always wanted to try out & ofcourse strawberries makes the occasion more romantic!!! This is a vegan recipe but beware of the chocolate frosting, chocolate strawberries and the cookies used for decoration, it is not vegan ;) Cake was a bit too sweet with all the frosting but it turned out to be delicious. Hope you will also love it. Give it a try!!
Ingredients for the cake
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb organic Strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Egg re-placer for 4 eggs
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Puree and strain the strawberries. Keep aside.
- Take the flour and sugar in a bowl. Add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Mix the pureed strawberries & combine thoroughly.
- Add egg re-placer and vanilla essence. Mix everything well and pour in 2 cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 min. Insert a toothpick/skewer and check whether it comes out clean else you have to bake for some more time.
- Allow it to cool, prepare the frosting & start decorating!
Ingredients for the frosting and decoration
- 3 cups powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance buttery spread
- 1/4 cup Soy milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 12 oz Semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- Chocolate sprinkler
- Whisk butter and powdered sugar. Then add Soy-milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the frosting is smooth and fluffy. Spread in-between the 2 cakes.
- Use melted semi-sweet chocolate baking chips for frosting the sides.
- Decorate with chocolate strawberries, chocolate sprinkler and cookies!