Total Time....1 hr 10 min (Prep - 5 min, Cook- 5 min, Inactive-1 hour)
Yield..............3 to 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Pinch of saffron
- Take a shallow pan and slightly fry cashewnut & raisins in ghee.
- Add cereal and saute for 2 min.
- Pour milk, condensed milk and sugar. Then mix in saffron and cardamom powder. Stir till the milk boils.
- Allow it to cool and refrigerate for 1 hour(minimum). If its too thick before serving, add more chilled milk & stir well.
I hope all the Keralites had a great Onam with the lovely celebrations and tasty Sadya :)
Wishing everybody a very HAPPY ONAM !!