Total Time....55 min (Prep - 10 min, Cook- 45 min)
Yield..............4 to 5 servings
Ingredients for the stew
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced Onion
- 1/2 cup sliced Potato
- 1/4 cup sliced Carrot
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1/4 cup Celery
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
Ingredients for the biscuit crust
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Egg white
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees C.
- Take a shallow pan. Add water, potato, carrot, onion and cook with a closed lid.
- Season chicken with oil, salt & back pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 min.
- Take another shallow pan, add butter, flour & milk mixture, pepper and salt. Stir well until thick.
- Take out the cooked chicken and preheat oven at 450 degrees F.
- Add the cooked vegetables, pulled chicken, bay leaf, celery, green peas, amd chicken broth.
- Cook in a low flame till you obtain a thick gravy & till everything mix well.
- Then take a food processor & put all the ingredients for the biscuit crust and blend till you obtain a soft dough.
- Make small balls and then flatten in round shapes(1 inch thick) to fit inside the ramekins. Leave little space when arranging so that there is space for the dough to rise.
- Take ramekins and pour the vegetable stew. Place the round dough on top and brush with egg white
- Bake for 10 to 15 min. Serve hot with salad!